Question:
i never had my own apartment before is it wrong 2 jump head first and put a down payment on a house???
vern
2005-12-18 22:59:55 UTC
i never had my own apartment before is it wrong 2 jump head first and put a down payment on a house???
Two answers:
cran
2005-12-19 00:48:29 UTC
Why would it be wrong?

It's awesome you can skip the rental market and go straight to ownership. Owning a home is great! You get tax deductions and are basically "forced" to save :) Plus you will get the appreciation on the home over time. Owning is 100x better than paying someone else's mortgage.
Silvana
2005-12-19 00:49:39 UTC
If you are so fortunate as to be able to afford a house downpayment - then go for it.\!

The only thing to be sure of is that this house meets your needs and criteria. Otherwise, in 2-5 yrs time, you may want to move to another place, which is also ok.