Question:
why stainless steel oven door gets hot on the outside when the oven is on?
youngmom
2005-11-29 16:58:27 UTC
I recently bought a Kenmore Range with an oven that has stainless steel on the outside. I was surprised to see that the oven door got very hot on the outside when oven is on. My 2-year old son almost touched it the other day. Anybody have such an experience or is it just the model I chose was bad?
Two answers:
puttopal
2005-11-30 11:27:25 UTC
My Kenmore range does the same thing. It's poor design.

You can get a new oven or you can just keep your little one away from the kitchen when you're cooking (easier said than done, I know!)
jrwallace05
2005-11-29 17:09:17 UTC
I have a Kitchen Aid stainless double oven and

it is cool to the touch on the outside. Does not

even get warm. I would call Sears