Question:
how to get rid of silverfish?
NEETI
2005-12-18 20:45:25 UTC
how to get rid of silverfish?
Two answers:
Ask Abby
2005-12-19 16:28:53 UTC
Although bug bomb (as the other Yahoo! user described) will work, sometimes foggers just aren't practical. That's where silverfish packets come in handy.

Silverfish packets are small packets of boric acid. When creepy crawlies like silverfish run over the packets boric acid particles stick to their legs. The boric acid prevents their eggs from hatching and kills the life cycle of silverfish and their likes without mess or unpleasent smells. It's also pretty easy to keep these away from your pets or small children.

Miles Kimble sells silverfish packets for $7.99 a box, 24 packets (See link). These packets are wafer thin and can go behind just about everything. I used them at work for a serious silverfish problem and I would def. recomend them.

Good luck!!!
Renaissance Man
2005-12-19 13:15:45 UTC
You need to go to a veterinarian and get a really good "bug bomb". You can get these at pet stores as well, but get a really good one. You'll need to estimate on the small side for coverage of the "bug bomb" They usually cover a few hundred feet. Be sure to follow all the directions carefully and plan the order of setting them off so you won't have to go through the "fog" from them. VERY IMPORTANT: shut off all appliances, especially gas fired hot water heaters.