Question:
Good ways to fight an ant invasion
vhines200
2005-08-22 15:11:36 UTC
What are some good ways to prevent/fight an ant invasion that don't involve poison? I am using baits but they seem inadequate. Borax is totally ineffective.
Three answers:
Yumes
2005-08-22 17:19:01 UTC
First of all- I hate ants. I have long history of ant-hatred. And I had problems with our house earlier this year. We use Grant's Ant Stakes, and setup a perimeter defense strategy. Completely encircle the house with these things, 3 feet or so apart, and create 2 circles, inner circle and outer circle around the house.

btw - because this is outside the house, you don't have to worry about poison as much.
Q'Aminator
2005-08-22 15:32:09 UTC
A long time a go, when I had an ant invasion - I went and sealed all the holes that they came out of with silicon. It is not the most efficient but it is affective
lesley
2005-08-23 09:59:27 UTC
one tip for picking up the pesky ants when they are already crawling around is to use duct tape--keep a piece handy and as you see them crawling, use the sticky side to pick them up--no mess!